Saturday, October 27, 2012

Teaser pictures-November's Little Sister Shawl

As promised, November's shawl pattern will use most of the Malabrigo Lace that you have left from October's Big Sister Shawl. I actually still have enough of the rusty color that I could probably make a scarf, too. I had some trouble with this shawl near the end...the edging was eluding me. What I wound up with is a hybrid of part of an antique pattern in which the last two rows just were not working, then I tried doing a ruffle, which was even less satisfying. In the end, I am finally satisfied with the outcome, and like it more and more the longer I look at it. These are the best of the pics I shot today before my camera finally died. I managed to make it work long enough at home to coax the pictures out of it. My son, who is taking up photography, took a lot more pics, but alas, he is using a film camera, so those pics will not be available until next week. In the meantime, I thought I would let you have a peek of the finished result.


No buy button yet...the pattern should be back from tech editing next week, before the first. Check back then!

2 comments:

Francesca said...

another beautiful creation! what's "tech editing"?

Crochet Renee' said...

Tech editing is when another person looks the pattern over and cleans it up, checks all the math for accuracy and just generally helps a designer make the pattern better. It is usually a good idea to have this done, as it is difficult to catch your own errors!