Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Corner View- Artist?

Today's Corner View theme is "Artist?" I don't know that anyone would truly consider me an artist...but over my life I have pursued many artistic endeavors. In the past (and sometimes now) I have sketched, painted, done woodworking, but the thing that I really love putting my energy into these days is the fiber arts. I love to dye, spin, knit, crochet and felt anything that will lend itself to any or all of the above activities.


While I don't consider myself a photographer by ANY stretch of the imagination, I do like taking pictures, and try and make them as "artistic" as possible.


I have enjoyed exercising my "artistic" muscle this year by designing my shawl a month series, "12 Shawls in 2012", and I also have flexed that muscle when styling and shooting the pictures for the series. It has been a lot of fun!

For more Corner Views, visit Francesca over at Fuoriborgo.

7 comments:

tanĂ¯a said...

Very nice scarfs!

Anonymous said...

wow, shawl a month. very impressive. they look very lovely.

Heather said...

Nice art! And I'm imprssed by the 12 in 2012.

Theresa said...

That's a great challenge! Your work is lovely.

nadine paduart said...

you dye your wool?
bravo!
n♥

Crochet Renee' said...

Thanks, everyone. Woolf, yes, I love dying fibers...much fun!

Francesca said...

so many things can be done with fibers! i'm just beginning ...