Wednesday, March 21, 2012

This week's Corner View- Hindsight

This week's CV theme is "Hindsight". I thought perhaps a definition might help. Freedictionary.com has this to say:
Hindsight
1. the ability to understand, after something has happened, what should have been done or what caused the event
The last couple of years have seen a lot of challenges and changes in my life. In hindsight, would I have changed anything? Some yes, some no. Even though pain is something we like to avoid, the eventual outcome of a painful situation might be something desirable.
If I hadn't married my first husband, I would not have had this young man as my son, of whom I am so very proud. Nor would I have my sweet daughter in law and my little buddy.
If I hadn't gone to college, I would not be in a place to support myself now, with my current marriage in a state of decay. If I hadn't chosen to move back to the area I call home, I would not be able to spend time with my Mom and Dad now, in their later years.
Life is made up of a series of choices; some that turn out to be good, some that turn out to be bad, and some that seem bad at the time which actually turn out later to have truly been blessings in disguise.

Food for thought.

Corner View is a weekly appointment on a preselected theme with bloggers all over the world, started by Jane, now curated by Francesca at Fuoriborgo. Visit there now to read posts from all around the world.

8 comments:

la ninja said...

blessings in disguise. those are the best ones, aren't they?

Crochet Renee' said...

Yes, they are. Sometimes it takes awhile before we know that it was a blessing; once we do, it's like, "Oh. Now I understand why I had to go through that now."

Heather said...

So true! If I hadn't have met my ex, I wouldn't have moved to Orlando. I often think about the people I wouldn't have met and things to which I would not have been exposed! Let's cheer to the bad choices that end up being blessings!

nadine paduart said...

and with that food (for thought), some wine, which gets better in years. life's like that really. it does get better, sometimes we feel bad through it. good luck!
n♥

Haley said...

So sorry to hear of more hard times for you! It definitely helps me to keep perspective if I count my blessings every morning before I even get out of bed. I owe you a hug and a drink in NH :o)

Crochet Renee' said...

Thanks Haley...s**t rolls downhill and I am done standing at the bottom of the hill. I am looking forward to seeing you in NH.

Francesca said...

Good luck with your walk uphill - it's hard walking uphill, but then you get to the top! Hugs.

flowtops said...

I know about the blessing in disguise thingy, but also about not wanting more of that type of blessing.

Just regular blessings will do fine for now.

Nicki