Saturday, March 31, 2012

Japanese Crochet

Japanese crochet stitch dictionaries has been all the rage for a couple of years now. I have not found one that I really, really wanted. Until I saw this one.
I ordered it on Ebay, from a lovely seller that calls herself pomadour24 . Even though it actually came straight from Japan, I received it quite promptly.
Even the envelope it came is was pretty.

Keep watching here. One of the beautiful stitch patterns out of here will be unveiled tomorrow with my 12 Shawls in 2012- April Edition: Pineapples and Pearls!

2 comments:

Francesca said...

It looks super interesting. How many stitch patterns are there? Are they all charted? What's the book code?
pomadour24 is also on Etsy with hundred of japanese craft books (a shop I try never to look at to avoid temptations!) http://www.etsy.com/shop/pomadour24?ref=seller_info

Crochet Renee' said...

There are 300 in all. Yes, they are all charted, which is great, since I don't read Japanese! Yes, I think I had seen that she had an Etsy shop as well. I tried to avoid temptation, as I have SEVERAL stitch dictionaries, but this one has stitch patterns I had never seen before, so I figured it is a good "business expense"! The book code is 9784529041751. It is a little pricey, but I felt it was worth it. By the way, Francesca, I had left a comment about growing fennel on your blog awhile back, and last time I checked you had not answered, so here's the question again: Do you harvest them at the end of the summer season or do you typically overwinter them and harvest in early spring? I just love fennel!!!