Friday, December 31, 2010

Well, here I sit at the tail end of 2010. It's been an interesting year to say the least. I have had more patterns published than ever before, my husband ran for political office, we had another grandchild born, we have struggled with the economy like everyone else, there have been loved ones lost and many changes in our family. Recent events, like last night, have brought things into focus to remind me how fleeting life is. Our dear daughter in law and grandson survived a tornado last night. It was over with before we even knew anything happened. Thanks be to God and to Jessica for her quick thinking and reaction in getting the baby and herself into the bathtub in the nick of time. They have pretty much lost everything, but being the grounded young adults that they are, they realize what is really important is that they are still here. Things could have turned out very differently, in a bad way. I am so very grateful that they didn't.
So to all of my family, friends, acquaintances, and business colleagues, may we all keep in mind throughout 2011 what really matters. Give thanks to God for the many blessings in life, including each other. Stuff is just stuff, (yes, even yarn!) and can always be replaced if need be. Love your family; mend fences if you have to. Life is too short to do otherwise. God Bless you all and I can't wait to see what He has in store for 2011!

1 comment:

Francesca said...

What a scary event, I'm so glad your little grandson and daughter in law are ok!
Happy 2011 Renee!