Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Corner View- Black and White

This week's Corner View theme is Black and White.
No pictures this week.
We had to face some decisions this week that you might think of as Black and White....like Life and Death.
Lymphoma had made Dad so weak that his oncologist didn't think he could survive chemotherapy, so he had to choose.
Life or Death?

He chose the only hope he had, which was chemo, even though his oncologist let him know there was a possibility that it could finish him off even faster.
What she didn't count on was how tough, how resilient and how determined my Dad can be.
His words?

"I have never backed away from a fight in my life. I don't see any point in starting now."

When you are faced with a decision such as Life or Death, things become a lot more black and white, and the shades of gray fade away.

So far, so good.


Corner View is a weekly appointment, originally started by Jane, now curated by Francesca. Visit Francesca for links to Corner View's all over the world. Next week's theme will be "January"

6 comments:

Francesca said...

Renee, I'm so sorry to read this. I hope the white will be bright for your dad, and the black peaceful. Sending warm thoughts to you and your family. Hugs.

Haley said...

I second Francesca's sentiment! I hope knowing you have loving friends thinking of you and sending support your way helps you through the black to an easier white. Hugs to all. Haley

Mezzamay said...

Gosh, that's tough! All the luck and strength in the world to him!

Crochet Renee' said...

Thanks, everyoone, for your kind words. Dad made it through his first round of chemo. He is still weak, but went to a rehab yesterday to try and build up his strength for the next round in 3 weeks. I covet your good thoughts and prayers! Yes, it does help to know what loving friends I have out there, and that people all over the world are praying for him.

Heather said...

Sending lots of warm, healthy vibes your dad's direction.

AudreyO said...

I just stumbled onto your blog today because it's listed as a "crochet blog" I'm sorry to read about this very very tough decision. I'm sending my own personal prayers for your dad.