Sunday, October 3, 2010

I woke up yesterday morning, feeling HORRIBLE, tonsils swollen and could hardly talk, but started getting ready for work anyway. DH said, "You're not going to work like THAT, are you?" I whined, "What else am I supposed to do?" In the end, I called my boss, who told me to stay home and try to acquire some antibiotics. Fortunately, we now have a walk-in clinic, in of all places, Wal-Mart. I was a little leery, but being a Saturday morning and not feeling it was emergent enough to go to ER, I went. I must say it was a good experience. I was in and out in about 45 minutes, prescription in hand. The pharmacy? Well, that was another issue.

Anyway, after taking my first dose and sleeping until my bones hurt, I decided to work on a project that I started for myself. Pretty much all of the crochet I have been doing lately is tip-top secret, so I haven't been able to share that. But I have been knitting a little more lately and had fallen in very serious like with the Slanting Gretel Tee from Interweave Knits. I have swatched 3 or 4 yarns to find gauge and finally had arrived to a very happy result with Universal Yarn's Classic Shades in the "Storm Clouds" colorway. It's a nice yarn, a little fuzzier than I should have liked, but an affordable choice for the first "grown-up" sweater I have ever knit. I couldn't see dropping a wad of cash on a more expensive yarn when my learning curve is not quite up to it yet. But I think it will be after I finish knitting this one. I could definitely see making this again in the future. Here is my progress so far.


I have been making so many things for everyone else, I decided it was time for me to make something for me. I am also making the Multnomah Shawl, with a Cherry Tree Hill yarn. This is my "purse project" which goes with me everywhere, so I have something to work on if my hands need to be busy. It's a very easy knit, so far, as I am still in the body, which is all garter stitch. I have done Feather and Fan before, so I am not too worried about the border.It is a sock weight yarn; sorry, I don't remember the line or colorway; something like "Denim" or some such.
It should be a nice little thing to throw around my shoulders when things are chilly. David's dog also had a puppy. There were two, but the first one was breech and didn't survive. Looks like LB is going to be a great mom.
There's never a dull moment around here.

No comments: